First of all, on behalf of everyone here at FitnFabulyss we would like to wish you a gigantic
You have accomplished something that takes courage, determination and discipline and you should be incredibly proud of yourself. Whether your goal was to gain a little muscle for high school football or lose the baby weight, making the decision to transform your body and then doing just that deserves praise! So…what happens now? After you have posted your before and after pictures on all possible social media outlets and you have replaced your entire wardrobe and it’s just you looking in the mirror…what do you do? I did a little reflection on my own transformation and the past few years of life in my new body to compile a small list of tidbits that may help in transitioning you into your new bod:
- Love the skin you’re in!
- Look at you! Look how incredible you look! Really take a really good look. I bet when you first started this journey you could have told me every single fold and bumple (that’s a bump and a dimple all in one…being a woman is glorious isn’t it?) on your body that you hated right? You could make me a Hanukkah list of everything you wanted to change and tighten and cut off. Now look at you! You made those changes. Take time to really explore your new body. Admire your hard work and craftsmanship. After the hard work you put in to get here…you deserve to be damn confident in what you see looking back at you. ENJOY THE VIEW!
- Getting to know YOU
- This depends on where you are in your journey. I personally think it is imperative to know exactly who you are before embarking on this here voyage. Know what you believe in, stand strong for what your opinions are and fall in love with every single quirk that makes you exactly who you are. Those things are not going to change as your body changes…nor should they. What you look like has no reflection on who you are as a human being. If you fart in your sleep, have horribly stinky feet or pick at your teeth on the toilet…stand proud for that! It’s who you are. Never apologize for that.
- Something a bit disturbing happens when you make a transition to look and feel better. People decide that they want to treat you better. Now this could be due to the boost in your own confidence or maybe because now you’re easier on the eyes…whatever the reason is, stay true to exactly who you are and never take for granted those around you who love you unconditionally.
- This is a very personal journey that you have taken on. You have to take the time to check-in with yourself every once in a while to make sure you are doing okay mentally, physically, emotionally…these are all things that go into this whole process. To everyone on social media it looks like you have made an incredible hop into this sexy bathroom selfie body but no one will ever understand what struggles you went through to get there. You are the only one who can truly understand the will power it took for you not to eat that cupcake or go through the McDonalds Drive Thru. Make sure you are taking care of your mind and emotions as carefully as you are taking care of your new body. If you are already well into your journey or even at the end of your body transition and you are just one click away from splattering Facebook with progress pictures, take this time now to really spend quality time with Y.O.U. Take the time to really dig deep and figure out what makes you who you are and hold onto those qualities with all of your newborn strength.
- Check the attitude
- Do not let this whole thing get to your head. This is a very exciting time in your life where you are now FINALLY able to wear the clothes you have been longing after for months maybe even years! You are getting a whole new world of attention and you feel your confidence sky rocketing…and it should…HOWEVER…just like anything else in life you can always go too far. I’m just going to come out and say it…you are not better than anyone else now. Please do not let this new attitude you are feeling become your own worst enemy. Please stay humble. Appreciate every single compliment, take to heart every word of praise and cherish every person who takes the time to notice your change and recognizes it.
- Anything is possible
- Well you only thought that anything was possible before, but NOW you KNOW that anything is possible when you put your entire heart and soul into something that you truly want! You took an idea, made that idea a plan, took that plan and made it a goal and then you went right ahead and accomplished that goal. Now what is the next idea? Where is the next challenge? What is next on your list of life goals? What do you want? The only thing that would hold you back from your next big goal is your imagination. You can do ANYTHING. You have proved to yourself that you are strong. You may have faltered a few times maybe even gave up for a while, but in the end you did exactly what you wanted. What is next on your list? Which brings me to,
- Live every single day to the fullest –
- I hope this transformation has given you a positive outlook on life. I hope that you feel as good and as radiant on the inside as you do on the outside and that these wonderful feelings make you want to live your life to the absolute fullest. You have changed your life and maybe the change you made was the one thing that was holding you back from truly experiencing what life has to offer. Don’t be afraid anymore. Don’t be self-conscious or anxious or shy. You only have one chance to live your life. Now that you feel incredible…and you look incredible…why don’t you get out there and live incredibly too. You earned it!
- *Sports guy ass slap*