Well here we are again my friends! The beginning of another month. Life is going fantastic! I’m feeling great! The book is coming along…SLOOOWLY, AND I was just given an incredible promotion at work! YAY! I ALSO made it through the Jewish Holiday of Passover without too much of a problem. For those of you who don’t know, Passover is basically celebrating the Jews being freed from Egypt when they were slaves under Pharaoh. It’s my most favorite holiday…we. eat. A LOT! Mom and I were cooking for 5 days before the holiday. The only catch is we cannot eat anything that has risen in the oven; bread, cookies, cakes and so on. Any cakes that we have are flourless. For dinner we have; brisket with carrots and potatoes, chicken, fish, kugels both sweet and savory, Green Beans, white fish, matzos…the list goes on. We basically make enough for a small country. AND we have two nights of these dinners!!! SOOO how did I survive?! I knew what we were going to be having at each dinner (we do the first night at my aunts house) so I chose the 2-3 things that I don’t normally get to eat and planned to have a little bit of each and fill in the rest of my meal with proteins like chicken and veg. I was full…BUT I didn’t want to die. The good kind of full!
SO! Here we are now! I have made the decision to try something a little crazy….HERE IT IS….
I am 18 weeks out from plastic surgery. Most bodybuilders/competitors start their contest prep 12-16 weeks out from the competition. See where I’m going with this?! I decided that I would use this time from now until surgery to treat it like a “dry run” contest prep. For a few reasons; #1 I want to see what a prep would be like, #2 I want to see how my body responds to a real cut, #3 It gives me more structure in getting ready for surgery.
SO! Here is what my contest prep is going to look like.
– I am almost done with P90X/Insanity Round ONE, and I will be doing another round…BUT it is going to get SUPER insane because I will be doing Insanity in the morning for morning cardio and P90X in the afternoon for my lift.
– This starts May 14th (the 5K is May 12th on Mothers Day, so I need a few days to recover and get all refreshed)
– I am cutting back all the extras in my diet to make it as clean as possible, this will include limiting my sodium intake. I will be eating at about 1,000 calories a day- 60% Protein, 30% Fat and 10% Carbs. My body runs better on higher fat, lower carbs. I get all of my carbs from veg like broccoli and green beans. This will be interesting because I have been CRAVING bananas lately and while they are great in potassium they are higher in carbs. BUT…NO ONE SAID THIS WAS GOING TO BE EASY!
– I have been doing a LOT of reading on contest preps and I see what works for others but since I have had DS I am not sure how my body will respond so this will give me a chance to see what works and what doesn’t.
The time has come the Walrus said…TO GET LEAN AND RIPPED!!
– P.S. Updated progress pictures to come!
– P.P.S. I have about 170 pages done in the book. I am almost done with the writing part of it and will be going back within the next week or so to do the cutting, editing and adding. SLOWLY BUT STEADILY!!